Community ImpactThe Church and Society Committee is the Mission and Outreach arm of our church family. We try to carry out Christ's message of Matthew 25:40: "Verily I say unto you, inasmuch as you have done it unto one of the least of these, you have done it unto me." We encourage everyone to become involved in some way in this ministry.
Specifically, Church and Society is responsible for overseeing many of the mission activities of the church. We give financial support to the General Mission of the PCUSA as well as many local projects. We support special offerings: One Great Hour of Sharing, Pentecost Offering, Peacemaking Offering, and the Christmas Joy Offerings.
Organizations we support include:
- Zambia World Mission
- St. Paul Area Council of Churches: mission church Familia de Fe through New Church Development and Puentes de Cristo Mexican Border Ministry.
- White Bear Lake Emergency Food Shelf: donations of food and money.
- Bread for the World: we encourage our congregation to write letters to their Senators and Representatives to enact legislation to address the root causes of hunger worldwide.
- World Vision (clean water, wells)
- Store to Door
- White Bear Lake Community Counseling Center
- MICAH (Metropolitan Iterfaith Council on Affordable Housing).
- Relay for Life: a fundraiser honoring those who have had cancer.
- The Gathering: a group that provides respite care for people with memory loss and a support group for caregivers. The memory loss group meets twice a month at our church using our facilities; we provide volunteers and a monetary commitment. The support group meets once a month.
- Greater MN Crisis Nursery
- HCMC-HIV, St. Mary's Health Clnics
- Solid Ground (Formerly East Metro Women's Council)
- Guardian Angels Homeless Shelter
- Habitat for Humanity: a team works and prepares food for work on local Habitat projects.
- Urban Homeworks: volunteers work on construction of new homes
- Tubman Family Alliance
- Marie Sandvik Center
To contact the Church and Society Committee, please email CSCommittee@fpc-wbl.org
Urban Homeworks 2012