FacilitiesThe primary duties and responsibilities of the Facilities Committee consist of:
- Performing building, equipment, and grounds maintenance, repairs, and improvements.
- Reviewing and negotiating maintenance, snow clearing, waste removal, and alarm services.
- Assessing building security and implementing needed physical and procedural changes.
- Coordinating the spring and fall clean-ups, including the hosting of special events.
- Supporting the work of the Church Keepers crew which meets on Saturday mornings.
- And the most noticeable duty, opening and closing the Church on Sunday mornings!
The work activities of the Facilities Committee is divided between two groups of Church members,
1) A small group (generally 4 to 6 people) who comprise the actual Committee, meeting once a month
to discuss policy and procedural matters and to determine the Committee's budget and work priorities.
2) A larger group (8 to 12 people, some who may also be on the Committee) known as the "Church Keepers"
who descend upon the Church building and grounds every Saturday morning to perform the routine repair
and maintenance tasks that come along. After finishing 'the chores', the Church Keepers meet on site for a
bit of fellowship time, complete with coffee and some delicious bakery treats.
If the Church Keepers group sounds like something that interests you, then "click on over" to their web
page to learn more about them. Church Keepers
The Facilities Committee welcomes anyone with a hankering for fixing things or a desire to help with
maintaining this marvelous building and grounds to become involved either as a Committee member
or by joining the ranks of the Church Keepers.
To contact the Facilities Committee, please email Facilities@fpc-wbl.org